Creating an account
1. Under "User Log in" click on “create new account.”
2. Give yourself a user name that you want to appear on your blog and all the comments you post. It can be your first name, last name, or a made-up user name. You might enjoy the anonymity of a user name: it could be your nickname, or you could borrow the name of a literary character, an author, historical figure, etc. Please do not use your NYU ID or your entire first and last name—you'll want more privacy than that.
3. Please check the course you're taking and provide the other information.
4. At the bottom of this create-account page, you'll see an option for "email settings." Check the box if you want users of the website to be able to send you an email. Note that your email address does not appear anywhere.
5. An email message will be sent to you in a few moments. It will either say that your account is awaiting or approval, or it will give you a temporary password. Click on the login link, and copy and paste in your password. Once you're logged in, click on the "edit" tab and change your password to something you can easily remember.
6. Once you log in, the process is complete. You will not receive a confirmation or any further messages from the website. You can proceed to create your first blog entry.
7. When you log in, you can change your password and other account information by going to “my account > edit” and entering the changes. You cannot change your user name without administrative help.