Looking for a course on travel, place, architecture, urbanism, or New York? Here's a partial list of ideas.
Looking for an internship? Check out this list of internship sites.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
1. Log on to Albert. For information about Albert and logging in, go here.
2. Look up your registration appointment on Albert by selecting "Registration Status" under the "Registration" menu. Summer registration does not require an appointment.
3. Check for registration stops on Albert by selecting "Registration Status" under the "Registration" menu. You CANNOT register if there is a stop. Follow the instructions on Albert to resolve all registration stops that appear.
4. Make an appointment to meet with your adviser.
5. Search for classes and construct a tentative schedule before meeting with your adviser. Investigate course prerequisites and the need for special registration permission. Go to Albert to search for courses by department (select "Course Status" under the "Registration" menu), or consult the NYU Directory of Classes - available online athttp://www.nyu.edu/registrar/listings/, Gallatin course descriptions are available online at: http://www.nyu.edu/gallatin/current/ba/courses-listings.html
6. Come to Gallatin (715 Broadway, 5th, 6th, or 8th floor, or 719 Broadway, 5th floor) to pick up all materials you will need for your meeting with your adviser. You can pick up the following on any of these floors, even after business hours while the building is accessible: • Plan of Study (one for fall, one for spring, and one for summer) • Non-classroom registration forms - Independent Study, Tutorial, Internship, Private Lesson
7. Meet with your adviser to discuss your Plan of Study and course selections, and obtain your adviser’s approval signature on all necessary forms.
8. Obtain electronic adviser clearance by bringing your adviser-approved Plan of Study form to Gallatin’s Office of Student Services (715 Broadway, 6th Floor). You CANNOT register if you do receive electronic adviser clearance.
9. Register for classes using Albert.
10. Print your schedule and verify its accuracy. Once registered, you must correct any mistakes on your schedule BEFORE the first day of classes to avoid all financial penalties. Be aware that you are financially and academically responsible for all of your registration activity.
11. Pay your tuition ON OR BEFORE the payment deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes for non-payment. Go to Tuition & Financial Matters for more information.